Sunday, October 03, 2004

Bonding

This week was very important for three big reasons. First, I learned more about myself as a performer. I learned how to best present myself on paper by writing my resume. I also learned that it is important to perform often. Second, I learned more about my fellow classmates. By reading their resumes I learned that we all come from very diverse musical backgrounds. Through hearing their performances I was amazed at the talent that my first year seminar class possesses. Everyone did such a wonderfully job. Third, I learned that I have a long way to go in my musical education. Through my journey I must remember to practice hard, perform with confidence, and observe all that I can.
This portion of the seminar was very valuable because it helped me to think about my self as Stacey the soprano, the active performer, and the musician; and not just Stacey the singer.