Sunday, September 19, 2004

Journey.......

Wow, these past two weeks have been quite the journey. I can't beleive that this week is already over and we will start a new adventure this monday. These past two weeks have tought me a lot about the indiand culture and its music. From Baliwood to Ragas, and Tala to Tablas, I feel I have a greater appreciation for Indian music. Their music is so intricate, it takes years just to learn the parent ragas. In America we focus on many disiplines, but Indian's have one major focus. Their parents decide who they will marry and their future career. To me I think that is such a crazy idea, but Indians would say the same thing about some aspects of our culture. Being is this class was so overwhelming, learning about another culture is such a mind warp. When I read depauwdiva's blog it helped me to realize that these past two weeks have begun a journey in that will last a life time, a journey of continual learning and applying. So for one more time
.
SA.............RI......GA....MA....PA....DA....NI........SA.....